We Invest in Our Animals...
On average, it would cost you $200-$300 to provide the level of investment we put into each adoptable animal. Every animal adopted from us has been spayed or neutered, permanently identified with a microchip, fully vaccinated and treated for fleas.
- A general Physical Exam
Microchipped (will help reunite you with your pet should it be lost by scanning the chip)
County License (Sumter Co. only)
- Heatworm Tested (Dogs Only)
- Heartworm Treated (Dogs Only)
On Heartworm Preventative (Dogs Only)
- FIV & FeLv Tested (Cats Only)
On Flea/Tick Preventative
1. Adopters must be 21 years or older.
2. If renting need a letter from Landlord or phone number to get in contact with landlord. Making sure its ok to have an animal in the household.
If you’re looking for a cat or kitten, you can also visit the Lady Lake Petco Store (on US441, corner of Rolling Acres) or PetSmart on CR466 in The Villages, where we showcase some of our cats.
For pets listed online, you may call us directly for more information.
You can preview of the application to review the questions you’ll need to answer:
8. Approval of Application.
Once you have submitted your application, whether online, or given it to a one of our Adoption Coordinators, allow a few days for processing. The Adoption Counselor will follow-up with your references/and or veterinary.
Some one from YOUR Humane Society SPCA will call you to let you know if you’ve been approved, or they may have additional questions to ask you. You must set up a meet & greet with your potential adoptable pet and existing pet.
Once you’ve been approved, work with the Adoption Counselor to set up a day/time for the adoption. Our trained adoption counselors will meet with you to ensure the pet is a good fit for your home, family and lifestyle. This is a great time to ask any questions you may have. Then, you can spend time with the animal or animals you are interested in.
9. Meet with the Adoption Counselor to review and sign the paperwork to become the new Pet Owner.
What to bring with you:
* Driver’s license (or State of FL ID card) with current address.
* Payment types accepted: Cash, Check, Visa, AMEX, MasterCard or Discover.
* A pet carrier for all cats/kittens and puppies/small dogs. (Please allow an hour or more for this process.)
10. Once the adoption process is completed, the dog or cat who is already spayed or neutered will go home with you the same day. Otherwise, arrangements will be made to have the pet sterilized at our vet of choice.