Are you ready to join OUR team & make a life saving difference in YOUR Community?
YOUR Humane Society SPCA
Seeking Shelter Manager
The Shelter Manager oversees the daily operations and manages all aspects of the animal shelter, including the animal population, staff, and all outside relationships. This position will also periodically review and assess policies, processes, programs, and work within the organization to make needed changes that meet the needs of the animals and the community. The Shelter Manager will maintain a safe, healthy environment for animals, staff and the public and create a team environment dedicated to the success of YOUR Humane Society SPCA Animal Shelter.
For a full job description and information on how to apply, please go to our hiring partner website https://www.humanenetwork.org/yhsspca
YOUR Humane Society SPCA
Seeking Fundraising Coordinator
YOUR Humane Society SPCA is currently seeking a part-time Fundraising Coordinator to help oversee our donor relations program and coordinate our fundraising initiatives under the direction of our Fundraising Chairperson. The Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring our vital revenue streams, which allow us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the community. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing our nonprofit’s fundraising campaigns and activities and communicating with current and prospective donors. This part-time position involves acknowledging individual and corporate gifts, monitoring planned and annual giving campaigns and processing special event registrations, event and individual sponsorships and donations. If you have a strong background in nonprofit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply. This position will be mostly during weekdays, some evenings and occasional Saturdays for special events.
- Understand all aspects of the fundraising program
- Communicate with prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships, under the direction of the Fundraising Chairperson
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders
- Collaborate with staff and volunteers on planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
- Assist in the production of print marketing collateral related to fundraising
- Assist Fundraising Chairman in the execution of the annual fundraising plan
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Monitor the fundraising budget and related expenses
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, train, and support key volunteers to assist in fundraising efforts
General Qualifications/Personal Attributes
- Passion for animal welfare
- Experience using Google products
- High level of comfort and experience with various technologies including:
- Fundraising using social media including photos and videos on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Experience with Mobile Cause or other virtual fundraising platforms
- Experience with DonorSnap or other donor database software
- Motivated and experienced with working on diverse teams to reach a common goal.
- Initiating and completing projects. Making timely, effective and ethical decisions. Able to craft creative solutions and help open doors to new donor relationships.
- Ability to listen to all constituents, focusing especially on donor needs and know how to identify mutual benefits. Excellent communicator who can compel audiences through writing and speaking.
Minimum Requirements/Physical Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of fundraising experience, minimum of an AA degree, BA in a relevant field preferred
- Must be at least 24 years old to be able to be added to company vehicle insurance policy
- A business casual work attire that is neat and pressed.
- Possess a valid FL state vehicle operator’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to work outdoors at special events and/or without air conditioning for extended periods of time
*Fundraising Coordinator duties are not limited to the above and other duties may be assigned as needed by the Fundraising Chairman and/or Shelter Manager.
YHSSPCA is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Non-smokers preferred.
To apply for this job, go to our website yhsspca.org/employment and email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR Humane Society SPCA
Seeking Animal Caregiver
This position is responsible for daily care of shelter animals. Responsibilities include feeding, cleaning, medical care (as directed by Animal Care Manager), and record keeping. Work with potential adopters by showing dogs and cats to them and providing the animal’s age, breed, and personality traits to help them find the best match. This position is primarily working with dogs and cats but is not limited to other species as needed.
- Morning opening of Kennels, which includes letting each dog out of its overnight kennel, cleaning/sanitizing kennels and kennel areas; providing clean bedding
- Cleaning and sanitizing bowls, toys, and other equipment
- Feeding and watering animals as needed
- Putting on and taking of collars, leashes, harnesses
- Administering medication/vaccines, drawing blood, implanting microchips, etc. as directed by Animal Care Manager
- Bathing dogs when necessary
- Supervising dogs in play groups
- Cleaning up any accidents immediately following cleaning protocol
- Update/maintain animals’ cage cards, as necessary, to keep current records
- Transport animals to events, vet, etc. as needed
- Working with volunteers to walk dogs, etc. and directing community service workers.
- Closing of kennels, which includes ensuring the overnight kennel has clean bedding, fresh food/water and placing the dog in the kennel.
- Using the laundry facilities to wash bedding
General Qualifications/Personal Attributes:
- A general love and understanding of animals.
- Must be dependable, honest, trustworthy, and drug free
- Detail oriented, strong multitasking ability, and a positive attitude
- A team player able to work effectively on their own and within a team
- An ability to maintain composure and be clear headed under pressure
- To maintain professionalism with clients and coworkers
- Desire to maintain a high level of cleanliness
- Excellent time management and an ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- An ability to follow directions and procedures
Minimum Requirements/Physical Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be physically able to restrain a dog
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Florida driver’s license
- The animals need care 365 days a year. May need to work weekends and/or holidays
Animal Caregiver duties are not limited to the above and other duties may be assigned as needed by the Animal Care Manager or Executive Director.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to the Executive Director – Director@hsspca.org