Are you ready to join OUR team & make a life saving difference in YOUR Community?
YOUR Humane Society SPCA Seeks a New Executive Director
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB
YOUR Humane Society SPCA is seeking an Executive Director for its nonprofit animal shelter and adoption center located in Lake Panasoffkee in central Florida. This is an opportunity to lead the oldest and largest no-kill shelter in Sumter County, Florida. We are located on a five-acre campus and are mortgage-free.
The mission of the YOUR Humane Society SPCA.is to protect animals. The mission is carried out through direct care for animals that are injured, abused, unwanted, or abandoned, securing homes for as many as possible; and through community assistance programs including spay/neuter services and pet food distribution as well as providing humane education and pet safety information to our community in order to reduce pet overpopulation and improve the quality of life for animals.
To read more about YHSSPCA, visit https://yhsspca.org
The Executive Director will provide leadership across all operations and programs, including management of staff, facilities management, day-to-day administration, financial forecasting and budgeting, training, adoptions, community outreach, marketing, and fundraising. The Executive Director will also develop and maintain policies and procedures for all staff functions; ensure fiscal responsibility over the budget. Working closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will help to maintain, develop and implement major fundraising initiatives through donor relations, direct mail campaigns, grants and events.
- Four-year college degree (B.S. /B.A.) in Business Administration, Animal Science or health-related field preferred.
- Strong business management and supervisory experience, 3 years supervisory preferred
- Non-profit experience of at least 1 year
- Strong animal welfare experience. Experience running an animal shelter, sanctuary and/or adoption center required
- Expertise with a proven track record in fundraising
- Good financial skills in budgeting and forecasting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Ability to engage the public and serve as an effective ambassador and spokesperson
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, etc.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving history.
Compensation and Benefits
Job Type: Full time
Salary: $42,000 – $47,500 per year, paid time off including 2 weeks vacation
How to Apply
YHSSPCA is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To apply for this job, go to our website yhsspca.org/employment and email a resume to email@example.com
YOUR Humane Society SPCA Seeks a New Kennel Manager
- Oversee the health of all animals in our care
- Intake of animals into the shelter, including evaluation of all animals considered for intake from Sumter County Animal Services, owner surrenders or other rescues
- Handle walk-in clients seeking to surrender pets or stray animals
- Schedule medical treatments and preventatives for all animals onsite and offsite
- Verify that all animals have been given the required tests, medications or other treatments on a daily basis
- Schedule medical appointments for animals
- Print the daily medical list for all animals
- Input all scheduling of future medication needs and all medical completed into ShelterLuv
- Order all needed medical supplies
- Handle incident reports for our campus and events
- Handle bite reports with Sumter County Animal Services
- Foster animals with special needs at home when necessary
- Manage Kennel Techs
- Schedule Kennel Tech work days and assignments
- Train Kennel Techs in vaccinating, microchipping, bloodwork, deworming, etc.
- Assign animal delivery and pickup to/from vet’s office
- Checking kennels throughout the day to assure they are clean and sanitized at all times
- Regular Meetings with Kennel Staff
- Evaluations of Kennel Techs
- Other duties:
- Choose and prepare animals to participate in adoption and other events
- Train and work with volunteers
- Work with animal rescue groups
- Answer phones in office as needed
- Assist with cat trapping when necessary
- Any additional duties assigned by the Executive Director
YOUR Humane Society SPCA Seeks a New Maintenance Tech
This position is responsible for daily care of shelter facilities. Responsibility includes maintenance of buildings, grounds and vehicles and distribution of pet food from the Kibbles Pet Food Pantry. Position reports to Facilities Manager; other duties may be assigned as needed by the Facilities Manager or Executive Director.
- Work experience in general building maintenance
- Experience using power tools, mowers and similar equipment
- Must be a self-starter and able to complete projects with minimal supervision
- Valid Florida driver’s license and a good driving record required
- Basic experience with plumbing and electrical a plus
- Ability to work safely, follow instructions and complete tasks
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good customer service skills, organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain composure and be clear headed under pressure
- Must be willing to work around and with animals
- Must be dependable, honest, trustworthy, drug free and willing to submit to drug screen
Minimum Requirements/Physical Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation
Work Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Pay Rate: Hourly Position, $10.00 per hour
Serious Inquiries Only, please