Are you ready to join OUR team & make a life saving difference in YOUR Community?
YOUR Humane Society SPCA
Seeking New Animal Caregiver
This position is responsible for daily care of shelter animals. Responsibilities include feeding, cleaning, medical care (as directed by Animal Care Manager), and record keeping. Work with potential adopters by showing dogs and cats to them and providing the animal’s age, breed, and personality traits to help them find the best match. This position is primarily working with dogs and cats but is not limited to other species as needed.
- Morning opening of Kennels, which includes letting each dog out of its overnight kennel, cleaning/sanitizing kennels and kennel areas; providing clean bedding
- Cleaning and sanitizing bowls, toys, and other equipment
- Feeding and watering animals as needed
- Putting on and taking of collars, leashes, harnesses
- Administering medication/vaccines, drawing blood, implanting microchips, etc. as directed by Animal Care Manager
- Bathing dogs when necessary
- Supervising dogs in play groups
- Cleaning up any accidents immediately following cleaning protocol
- Update/maintain animals’ cage cards, as necessary, to keep current records
- Transport animals to events, vet, etc. as needed
- Working with volunteers to walk dogs, etc. and directing community service workers.
- Closing of kennels, which includes ensuring the overnight kennel has clean bedding, fresh food/water and placing the dog in the kennel.
- Using the laundry facilities to wash bedding
General Qualifications/Personal Attributes:
- A general love and understanding of animals.
- Must be dependable, honest, trustworthy, and drug free
- Detail oriented, strong multitasking ability, and a positive attitude
- A team player able to work effectively on their own and within a team
- An ability to maintain composure and be clear headed under pressure
- To maintain professionalism with clients and coworkers
- Desire to maintain a high level of cleanliness
- Excellent time management and an ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- An ability to follow directions and procedures
Minimum Requirements/Physical Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be physically able to restrain a dog
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Florida driver’s license
- The animals need care 365 days a year. May need to work weekends and/or holidays
Animal Caregiver duties are not limited to the above and other duties may be assigned as needed by the Animal Care Manager or Executive Director. This position pays $8.60-$10.89 per hour based on animal handling experience with the possibility of an increase after 90 days of employment.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to the Executive Director – Director@hsspca.org