Are you ready to join OUR team & make a life saving difference in YOUR Community?
YOUR Humane Society SPCA
Seeking Executive Director
YOUR Humane Society SPCA is seeking an Executive Director for its nonprofit animal shelter and adoption center located in Lake Panasoffkee in central Florida. This is an opportunity to lead the oldest and largest no-kill shelter in Sumter County, Florida. We are located on a five-acre campus and are mortgage-free.
The mission of the YOUR Humane Society SPCA is to protect animals. The mission is carried out through direct care for animals that are injured, abused, unwanted, or abandoned, securing homes for as many as possible; and through community assistance programs including spay/neuter services and pet food distribution as well as providing humane education and pet safety information to our community in order to reduce pet overpopulation and improve the quality of life for animals.
To read more about YHSSPCA, visit https://yhsspca.org
The Executive Director will provide leadership across all operations and programs, including management of staff, facilities management, day-to-day administration, financial forecasting and budgeting, training, adoptions, community outreach, marketing, and fundraising. The Executive Director will also develop and maintain policies and procedures for all staff functions; ensure fiscal responsibility over the budget. Working closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will help to maintain, develop and implement major fundraising initiatives through donor relations, direct mail campaigns, grants and events.
- Four-year college degree (B.S. /B.A.) in Business Administration, Animal Science or health-related field preferred.
- Strong business management and supervisory experience, 3 years supervisory preferred
- Non-profit experience of at least 1 year
- Strong animal welfare experience. Experience running an animal shelter, sanctuary and/or adoption center required
- Expertise with a proven track record in fundraising
- Good financial skills in budgeting and forecasting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Ability to engage the public and serve as an effective ambassador and spokesperson
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, etc.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving history.
Compensation and Benefits
Job Type: Full time
Salary: Based on experience, Paid time off including 2 weeks vacation
How to Apply
YHSSPCA is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To apply for this job, go to our website yhsspca.org/employment and email a resume to email@example.com
YOUR Humane Society SPCA
Seeking Animal Caregiver
This position is responsible for daily care of shelter animals. Responsibilities include feeding, cleaning, medical care (as directed by Animal Care Manager), and record keeping. Work with potential adopters by showing dogs and cats to them and providing the animal’s age, breed, and personality traits to help them find the best match. This position is primarily working with dogs and cats but is not limited to other species as needed.
- Morning opening of Kennels, which includes letting each dog out of its overnight kennel, cleaning/sanitizing kennels and kennel areas; providing clean bedding
- Cleaning and sanitizing bowls, toys, and other equipment
- Feeding and watering animals as needed
- Putting on and taking of collars, leashes, harnesses
- Administering medication/vaccines, drawing blood, implanting microchips, etc. as directed by Animal Care Manager
- Bathing dogs when necessary
- Supervising dogs in play groups
- Cleaning up any accidents immediately following cleaning protocol
- Update/maintain animals’ cage cards, as necessary, to keep current records
- Transport animals to events, vet, etc. as needed
- Working with volunteers to walk dogs, etc. and directing community service workers.
- Closing of kennels, which includes ensuring the overnight kennel has clean bedding, fresh food/water and placing the dog in the kennel.
- Using the laundry facilities to wash bedding
General Qualifications/Personal Attributes:
- A general love and understanding of animals.
- Must be dependable, honest, trustworthy, and drug free
- Detail oriented, strong multitasking ability, and a positive attitude
- A team player able to work effectively on their own and within a team
- An ability to maintain composure and be clear headed under pressure
- To maintain professionalism with clients and coworkers
- Desire to maintain a high level of cleanliness
- Excellent time management and an ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- An ability to follow directions and procedures
Minimum Requirements/Physical Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be physically able to restrain a dog
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Florida driver’s license
- The animals need care 365 days a year. May need to work weekends and/or holidays
Animal Caregiver duties are not limited to the above and other duties may be assigned as needed by the Animal Care Manager or Executive Director.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to the Executive Director – Director@hsspca.org
YOUR Humane Society SPCA
This position is responsible for handling the fast-paced front desk duties at YOUR Humane Society SPCA’s office. This position entails heavy phone contact, greeting visitors, contacting employees for showing animals along with taking in donations.
Candidate will need excellent phone skills, written and verbal communication skills, as well as competency in email, Microsoft Office applications such Word and Excel. Prior experience as a receptionist is helpful.
· Greet visitors and volunteers with a positive and helpful attitude.
· Refer visitors and volunteers to appropriate staff members, use walkie/talkie to communicate with staff as appropriate.
· Answer phones in a professional manner regarding questions about our community programs, transferring calls as needed and taking messages when necessary, working with one of our clinics for our community programs.
· Schedule appointments for visitors to view our animals, maintain our visitor log spreadsheet, and schedule appointments for clients with one of our clinics by using Excel spreadsheet.
· Maintain Community Service paperwork
· Assist with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, scanning, completing forms and checking daily messages.
· Enter credit card transactions on donation platform.
· Maintain office supplies, paper, folders, etc.
· Handle ticket sales for special events
· Keep office clean and organized
· Provide excellent customer service
· High School diploma or GED
· Prior experience as a receptionist or in related field preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel
· Experience with administrative and clerical procedures
· Consistent, professional dress and manner
· Able to work as part of a team, helping with various tasks as required
· Willing to work in an office that includes animals
Work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Duties are not limited to the above and other duties may be assigned as needed.
YHSSPCA is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To apply for this job, go to our website yhsspca.org/employment and email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.