We could not accomplish what we do for the animals without the help of our many volunteers.
Come join our Volunteer Team and make a difference in an animal’s life! You can work your own schedule. Whether it’s 1 day a week for a couple hours or several days a week. We are grateful for whatever you can contribute. Orientation is the 1st Saturday of every month. (Call to reserve your space)
There are many ways you can help.
Pick something you enjoy:
- Walking & Socializing Dogs
- Socializing Cats & Kittens
- Catty Shack & Kitten Wonderland Housekeeping
- Become a Foster Parent
- Care for our adoptable cats featured at Petsense or Petsmart
- Help with Facility Maintenance at Our Campus
- Help with Special Events
- Office/Administrative Tasks, Data Entry
- Grant Writer
- Graphic Designer
Volunteer Orientation Sessions
We host a Volunteer Orientation session on the 1st Saturday of each month at the YOUR HSSPCA. It lasts approximately 1.5 hours and wraps up with a tour of our campus.
Just complete this online Volunteer Application and submit it. If you’re not 18 years old, you’ll need your parent’s permission to become a volunteer. You will be contacted in a few days to set you up with your orientation session.
Off-Site Volunteering Opportunities
We showcase many of our cats at Petsense and Petsmart of Oxford/The Villages. Our Volunteers come in, based on their assigned shift, to care/feed/play with the adoptable cats and answer any questions from interested adopters. These locations have enabled us to greatly increase our feline adoptions and also get the public acquainted with our organization. Additionally, each store has adoption events throughout the year where we bring our adoptable dogs. If you’re interested in volunteering in these ways, contact Jane Mouradjian at Volunteering@hsspca.org.
- We have been at this location since it opened in April, 2018. We cover 2 shifts, noon and afternoon/PM, per day here. We are generally here on Saturdays from 11-2:30 to do on-site adoptions.
- Petsense, our newest venue where our adoptable cats are showcased!
Community Service Hours
We are a recognized organization where people can complete Community Service Hours, whether court ordered or required for high school graduation.
Community Service questions can be directed to Jane at (352) 793 -9117.